Show and Tell Tuesday


On the blog today we've got shaving cream, laminating, doodling and pancakes!  Sounds like fun doesn't it? I am linking up with Stephanie from Forever in 5th Grade for a little Show & Tell Tuesday. 

http://foreverinfifthgrade.blogspot.com/2016/01/show-tell-tuesday-first-ever.html



The most fun way to clean classroom desks ever! Dollar store shaving cream! Lots of fun and leaves the desks clean and the room smelling great too!
I've been using shaving cream to clean desks forever! It never fails to be a fun filled afternoon that leaves the classroom not only looking, but also smelling clean.  My students had tons of fun expressing their creativity for awhile before we had to wipe it all away.  Tip: Get your shaving cream at the dollar store.




 I finally splurged on a personal laminating machine.  I specifically needed one that could take items at least 10 inches wide. I really wanted to be able to laminate my Friday Folders.  These folders are 10 x 13 envelopes that I use to send student work home every Friday.  This machine by Apache did just the trick!



 I've posted about Doodle Art Alley before, but I just love all of the free doodles they have to offer.  I have used these along with the math and science subject pages to cover all of my student composition books.  The kids love coloring these fun pages!




We only have this breakfast once a year, but I LOVE it so much I may have to break that tradition.  This is our traditional Christmas Day breakfast and it's to die for!  Years ago when discussing with my husband what traditions we wanted for our family, he recalled a that a mother of a childhood friend used to make a delicious breakfast she called Dutch Pancakes. Thanks to Google I was able to find a variety of recipes for what are sometimes called Dutch Baby Pancakes or German Pancakes. With a little experimentation I found the recipe that turned out most similar to what my husband had recalled as a child.  This year's pancake was one of the best I've ever made! Yum!


5 comments:

  1. I love the shaving cream idea! Do you have nametags on your desks? I just wonder if it would mess them up. Mine are on with clear contact paper. I love the journal covers too! Had to pin them to come back to later. Thanks for linking up!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not use name tags anymore, but it could be a problem. Maybe give it a try at the end of the year to test it out!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip about Doodle Alley Art! I'll be exploring that one later on. And those Dutch pancakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will get lost in the creativity! So many fun doodles! Seriously the pancake was to die for this year! You must try it!

      Delete