Hunger Games Party

I have always loved to throw parties.  My son's birthdays have been a fantastic creative outlet for me. Over the years we have done Toy Story, Cars, LEGO, Harry Potter, and more. This year I got have some fun with The Hunger Games!  I remember party planning in the days before Pinterest, and while always fun it was so much more time consuming!   This year my time was limited, but Pinterest did not fail. Take a look at some the great idea I found.  



There are tons of FREE printables from the Hostess with the Mostess out there to help you with your party decor.  I used this fabulous label to decorate and assortment of appetizers from the Mellark Bakery.  They included: "Peeta Chips", "Peeta Bread" , along with some other assorted artisan breads you  might find at the Mellark Bakery.


The party food was basically a big play on names from the books. Little "Ceasar's Flickerman's" pizza was too easy for 12 hungry teenagers. 


Thanks go to the Pillsbury Dough Boy for these "Cinna Buns".  


I found the idea for President Snow brownies and then decided to kick it up a bit using a Wilton cookie mold to add the white chocolate roses. 



In past years I have always spent quite a bit of time on the birthday cakes.  I usually use this recipe for marshmallow fondant and try to create something simple to match the theme. Maybe I will do a cake post some day....but y'all probably don't want to see my Tardis cake fail.  Anyhow, there was simply no time for such endeavors this year. So between Pinterest and my good friend Carolyn who owns the Cookies in Bloom in town, these are the fabulous cookies we served instead of cake.  I just love how they turned out!



Party games are my thing. I love coming up with fun activities tied to a theme.  Must be the teacher in me.  However, I am not completely out of touch with the teenage scene and I knew that games are not really their thing.  Eating, swimming, and movie watching are more their speed, but I did manage to sneak in one trivia quiz.  It helps that almost all of the kids attending are big readers and love the series. So I modified this quiz from The Data Divas for the guests to complete as they arrived.  Then, before watching the movie we had our own "reaping" to select tributes.  For each correct answer the guests had to put their names in the reaping jar.  We then selected one boy and one girl tribute and they were immediately given this parachute from a very special sponsor.  President Snow himself gave them gift cards to our very popular snow cone shop Bahama Bucks!  By the way if you have never had Bahama Bucks you are missing out on the best snow cones E.V.E.R.



I used a black table cloth, red and orange plates, and yellow napkins from the party store along with some more FREE printables Living Locurto and some metallic curling ribbon to decorate the table. The finishing touch was a single long stem white rose.  

And because this was really a teenage pool party with food and movies that I put to a theme because I just can't help myself, the invite was simply a picture text that my son sent out in a group message to his friends.

This truly was one of the easier parties that I have thrown and I could not have done it without Pinterest and other fabulous blogger party planners who have come up with so many creative ideas on this theme.  I have a small Pinterest board with some of the best resources I found, but there are plenty more to be found.  We love this series so much we may just have to throw another party when the next movie comes out! 

Check out my Hunger Games Party Pinterest Board for more great ideas.

Follow Mom2punkerdoo's board Hunger Games Party on Pinterest.





3 comments:

  1. Kim...You're blog is live!! i love the new design...so fresh and fun. I can not wait to meet up this summer! Love the Hunger Games party ideas! Catherine would love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Carla! I finally got a real blog design! Glad you like it. I am excited for the conference too and a little nervous! We are huge Hunger Games fans and the party was a ton of fun and pretty easy too!

      Delete
  2. That is true dear, you can rejoice your wedding or birthday parties at best party space rentals in Brooklyn. There you can enjoy the fireworks and celebrations in the streets area.

    ReplyDelete